General Qualification Requirements:
Experience & Training:
- Minimum one year housekeeping management experience in a hotel industry.
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees.
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Experience in coordinating all housekeeping department activities of the Hotel in order to ensure the highest standards of hotel cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Graduate of Hotel & Restaurant Management or its equivalent from reputable college or university.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends