Magical 18: A Debutante’s Quick Guide
Turning 16 maybe sweet, but turning 18 is magical. A young Filipina’s 18th birthday is one of the most awaited times of her life as she marks her transition to becoming a lady. What greater way to celebrate this milestone than to throw a debut party? Here’s a quick guide on how to plan out a little lady’s dream day.
The theme serves as the foundation of the party. It is the basis of how the event will look like, from the decorations, table set-ups, and program flow to the attire of both the debutante and guests.
- Classic Fairytale – Most girls’ childhood dream is to become a princess. A fairytale themed party is often showered with pink and gold, tiffany chairs decorated with big satin bows and fairy lights twinkle all over the place.
- Hollywood / Concert – Feel like a celebrity with a Hollywood or concert themed party. Channel the glitz and glamour of Hollywood by adding up some sparkly and shiny elements within the four corners of your venue.
- Bohemian – Travel back to the old times by incorporating rustic and vintage trinkets. This is perfectly fit for quirky people and creative souls. Let your creative minds wander and turn any place into a bohemian sanctuary.
One of the highlights of having a debut is the debutante’s gown. Her elegant gown is what makes her the star of the night. Here are some of the dresses which will make her stand out on her special day.
- Ball Gown – This is ideal for a classic fairytale themed debut. A ball gown is created with an extravagant signature full skirt. Ball gowns can be embellished with tiered ruffles, gathered tulle or satin, or have cut out necklines. The details, often lace or Swarovski, of the gown is what makes it more bizarre.
- Tuxedo Dress – Look sophisticated on a Hollywood themed debut party. Gain more confidence to reach for the stars and even become one as you walk down the red carpet wearing the finest tuxedo dress. It gives you a more powerful feeling because there is a hint of manliness in its design.
- Boho – It is often equated with earthly toned dresses. Channel your inner Boho chic by wearing nude colored – flowy dresses and just be free as the wind.
Remember: Do not let the dress carry you; YOU must overpower the dress you’re wearing.
There are tons of venues in metro manila to choose from, but this hotel in south manila is exemplary. Vivere Hotel & Resorts ball room gives off a sophisticated and dreamy ambiance with its glass leaves decors, fully carpeted floors and mirrored walls. It does not only provide the best venue for your special day, but also given a wide variety of food that you can choose from. All you have to do is to book a package, state your motif, and let the Vivere magic happen as you wait for your special day.
Imagine you, wearing that sophisticated dress, walking down the red carpet showered with rose petals and become the star of the night. Warm and soft mood lights will welcome you as you enter the ballroom. Tables topped with lustrous linen, alluring and fragranced flowers and your closest friends and family all there to complete the celebration. Make the most of your night and make your childhood dreams come true with Vivere Hotel.
Article written by: Eunice M. Macaballug